tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 吴熊敏 <...@ublearning.com>
Subject AW: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 03:57:33 GMT

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:17:08 +0200
"Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsamer@equitystory.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I almost couldn't believe it, but I solved the problem. The issue was Apache missing
a flag in its config file, Win32DisableAcceptEx. When I put this into the httpd.conf, everything
worked fine!

> This crazy stuff took me 2 days to figure out...
>
> Does anyone by any chance know what this is doing exactly?? Does it have an impact on
performance and/or stability of Apache?

> Regards,
> Nino

get the MOD_JK file with the closest number to that Apache version.Replace the mod_jk.so with
the matching version, and restart apache...--------Any ideas????Thanks,Nino-----Ursprngliche
Nachricht-----Von: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007
13:14An: Tomcat Users ListBetreff: Re: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacementHi Nino,Just to make
sure my memory served me correctly, I setup a test case forApache -> JK -> TC.... on
a machine (XP SP2) with IPV6 enabled.Apache, Browser and TC... are all on same machine to
simulate your test.Apache is not IPv6 enabledThe machines name is Animal.... ipv4 10.0.0.4...
IPv6 2001:918:0:12:1::2I have a simple webapp that returns the getRemoteAddrTurns out I was
close, but my memory is actually crap ;)This is what happens...==== Direct to TC  Local Browser===http://localhost:8080/TestRemoteIp/
  gives  Remote IP is 0:0:0:0:
 0:
>  0:0:1http://animal:8080/TestRemoteIp/   gives  Remote IP is 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1(See my memory
sucks.... I remembered that as 0.0.0.0)This is different from IPv4.... normally that will
return 10.0.0.4...... ifI remember correctly ;)So IPv6 seems to map it all to the loop back
addresshttp://10.0.0.4:8080/TestRemoteIp/   gives Remote IP is 10.0.0.4Thank goodness ;)http://[2001:918:0:12:1::2]:8080/TestRemoteIp/
 gives Remote IP is2001:918:0:12:1:0:0:2=== Thru Apache Local Browser===http://localhost/TestRemoteIp/
 gives Remote IP is 127.0.0.1It actually fixes it ;)http://animal/TestRemoteIp/  gives Remote
IP is 127.0.0.1So with IPv6 the machine name is now mapping to loop back... on IPv4 itwould
be 10.0.0.4http://10.0.0.4/TestRemoteIp/  gives Remote IP is 10.0.0.4http://[2001:918:0:12:1::2]/TestRemoteIp/
  FAILS expected because thisapache is not IPv6 enabled=== Thru Apache REMOTE machine Browser===When
Calling "Animal", or "10.0.0.4".... always gives the correct IPV4address of rem
 ot
>  e machine (which is not IPv6 enabled)So as you can see.... a few things are different
on IPV6..... which I nowbelieve you not on ;).... the 0.0.0.0 you getting is just very strangeEven
though the little differences will make developers pull their hair out;).... its definitely
is working, even on IPv6 and the differences are onlywhen testing from a local browser.Just
to make sure.... I downloaded Apache and Mod_JK again for the test....Used Apache apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msiand
mod_jk-apache-2.2.4.soNOTICE THAT even though JK is now at version JK-1.2.23.... the binary
fileyou download must match the version of Apache.as you can see from the notes on this pagehttp://apache.mirrors.hoobly.com/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.23/=======
MOD_JK.conf ========<IfModule !mod_jk.c>  LoadModule jk_module "D:/DEV/Apache2.2.4/modules/mod_jk.so"</IfModule>JkWorkersFile
conf/jk/workers.propertiesJkLogFile conf/jk/mod_jk.logJkLogLevel info#JkLogLevel debugJkLogStam
 pF
>  ormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectoriesJkRequestLogFormat
"%w %V %T"JkMount /TestRemoteIp/*  worker1========== WORKERS.Properties ========worker.list=worker1#
Set WORKER1worker.worker1.port=8009worker.worker1.host=animalworker.worker1.type=ajp13===============
Test JSP =================<%@page contentType="text/html"%><%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%><html>
   <head>        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
getRemoteAddr</h1><%String callerIP = request.getRemoteAddr();%>    <p>Remote
getting.... can only suggest you download thestuff again... the above definitely works, and
I'm guessing you got a bumfile, or a mismatch between Apache and JK module......Good Luck-----
Original Message -----From: "Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsamer@equitystory.de>To: "Tomcat
>  sers List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:43 PMSubject:
AW: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacementHey,thanks for your support so far.I just played around
with the settings some more and could find out moreinteresting stuff...First of all, about
our configuration: we have an Apache and Tomcat runningon the same machine, with JK 1.2 in
between. If I log requests in Apache,the IP address is correct. If I go directly to Tomcat
(via port 8080), theIP is correct. But if I go through JK, the address gets changed to 0.0.0.0.I
checked the JK log file, and it logs the following before forwarding toTomcat:[Mon Jul 02
17:28:36 2007] [0848:1240] [debug] mod_jk.c (604): Serviceprotocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET host=(null)
addr=0.0.0.0 name=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxport=80 auth=(null) user=(null) laddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx raddr=0.0.0.0So
even here, this strange 0.0.0.0 is coming up.One more intersting to notice. From the logfiles
I saw that this wholeproblem started when we switched from J
>  2 to JK 1.2 (which is supposed tobe the newer version).But we are using very basic settings
of JK, according to the howto of thewebsite. A single loadbalancer-worker, so nothing special.Any
additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org---------------------------------------------------------------------To
additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org