tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Maybe a POJO container will help you
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:52:37 GMT
Here is something I think anyone that loves tomcat and wishes it had a lite pojo container,
may like.

Its a little something I being playing with and slowly developing for Tomcat, and its rather
radical.... it a POJO container.
Its really just a servlet, so Tomcat likes it, but its a lite application server.

Its radical because its an application server that takes POJO code after its developed, in
contrast to developing "in" an application server.
A product of some free thinking.... its not to EJB specs.... its POJO.... so if you can write
the code, it will run it.

Anyway.... with some clever design, you may be able to make our trusty lite weight tomcat,
approximate a lite application server.

At 400k its not trying to take on Glassfish.... just give us a few more choices on TC, before
one has to move to a heavy application server.
For example, do you stick you shared libs in a shared context, a common lib, a JNDI resource....
or drop them into this special tomcat servlet, and use them from the office next door.

Its a prototype.... have fun...