tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject PORTLETS On Tomcat...
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:27:26 GMT
Done a little more research on portlets.... but still havnt got the things running on my dev
environment

If you wondering what a portlet is.... here are two very interesting flash video's
http://portalpack.netbeans.org/files/documents/212/1236/plugindemo_deployment_management.htm
https://portlet-container.dev.java.net/screencast/pc_sdk/PC_SDK.html

It seems the portlet container can be installed on Tomcat... however the installation on Netbeans
seems GlassFish orientated.
https://portlet-container.dev.java.net/public/TomcatInstallation.html

Now the thing about that is that one is a servlet container the other a application container....
so (and this is where I wish I had got the things running) I think its very easy for a Netbeans
user to use EJB's without even realizing it.... and thats why I think we starting to see questions
like... it gave me an EAR file, how do I use that on tomcat.

Isnt the tooling in those video's amazing.... even if you dont like the concept of portlets....
awesome tools these developers are putting together.