tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "myrealbruno" <>
Subject Re: isapi_redirect from IIS5 to tomcat 5.5 brings HTTP 404 - isapi_redirect.dll not found
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:52:11 GMT
Hi Martin,

As far as I can tell everything is ok in your setup - I tried to replicate the error you get
without success.
You might want to check the IIS logs, the file permissions on the isapi dll, check if the
/jakarta alias on IIS has execute
permissions, try to set it as a global filter.. what else?
And as a last resort use one of the old versions installers and then upgrade the files afterwards
- version 1.2.15 had an msi
installer for instance:
- this might work.

Hope it helps,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirst Martin Wolfgang" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: isapi_redirect from IIS5 to tomcat 5.5 brings HTTP 404 - isapi_redirect.dll not found

I'm trying to use IIS v5.00.3700.1000 with Tomcat 5.5.17
using isapi_redirect 1.2.23 and AJP13. But in the end I always
see an error page from tomcat:
 HTTP Status 404 - /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
 The requested resource (/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll) is not available
 Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

 OS: Windows 2000 SP4.
 JAVA: v 1.6.0_u1 (jdk from SUN)
 There are multiple IPs on this mashine for one ethernet card.
 One IP is mapped to DNS (
 There are multiple web sites hosted on this IIS, each mapped &
 to one IP. The isapi_redirect.dll is only installed
 on this single IIS web site under properties -> isapi filters,
 that means _not global_ for all.

I was following this howto:
I googled around and found others with the same problem,
but no solution. I've checked all settings at least twice.
There was a hint, the the uri is mapped twice.
When reading the redirect-log.txt, it seems to be all fine,
mapping is working, AJP is working, but still an error page.

Whats wrong with this setup/configs?

My configs:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
worker.list = portoweb
worker.portoweb.type = ajp13 =
worker.portoweb.port = 8009

Best regards

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message