tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat Threads handling user Requests problem
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:55:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rainer Jung" <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat Threads handling user Requests problem

> Johnny Kewl wrote:
>> Can you believe that, IE only allows 2 files downloaded at the same time,
>> and then you have to dig into the registry.... get OPERA ;)
>
> The 2 connections are a recommendation for well-behaved http clients
> coming from the http spec in order to keep server load related to one
> client small. The 2 only limits the number of parallel connections to the
> same server. In this special case it's not a Microsoft thing ...

Yes, I know.... just having a little dig, IE7 is pretty cool, even does RSS
feeds, and because of the HTTP/1.1 spec, the 2 file downloads per server is
not really that terrible. I just like Opera.
IE also does those "Web Site in an a single HTML file format", forget the
name of the things, so its not half bad.... dont tell anyone, but I actually
use both ;)