tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Friebel" <andr...@reynolds.com.au>
Subject WEB.XML file parsing
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 01:42:09 GMT
I am having trouble parsing a web.xml file using SAX.  The war file will
deploy with no hassles, however, I am writing a local program that will
allow me to change the web.xml file locally before distribution.

My problem is the DTD definition in the web.xml file.  I require the DTD
file definition, yet when I try and parse the file with the DTD definition,
I keep getting a connection timeout error.  When I remove the DTD
definition, the file is parsed with no issues.

How do I get around the timeout issue when parsing the web.xml file with the
DTD definition?

The DTD definition is:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

Regards,