tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:46:18 GMT
Nino, I'm thrilled that you onto the problem, and that there definitely
seems to be a real issue, its not just a config glitch somewhere..... but it
doesnt look good.

That command is effectively turning Apache into a steam engine on windows,
and its treating windows like its got stone age sockets.... (no comment from
linix guys;)

Heres a article.... http://apache.osuosl.org/httpd/binaries/win32/

Listen, I think those machines need a serious upgrade.... suggest you pull
off any games, disable the antivirus package you using and get another one,
and go get the latest Service Pack from windows...... think SP4 is the last
one for Win 2K

Basically.... your win sockets are broken.... I think its a bum
antivirus..... or a nasty game.... how you even thought to use that command
is beyond me.... well done.
Think you cracked it bro! ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nino Ulsamer" <nino.ulsamer@equitystory.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:17 PM
Subject: AW: Tomcat - Apache: IP replacement

Hello,

I almost couldn't believe it, but I solved the problem. The issue was Apache
missing a flag in its config file, Win32DisableAcceptEx. When I put this
into the httpd.conf, everything worked fine!

This crazy stuff took me 2 days to figure out...

Does anyone by any chance know what this is doing exactly?? Does it have an
impact on performance and/or stability of Apache?

Regards,
Nino