tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rene Guenther" <>
Subject Re: permgen w hibernate and webapp reload
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:30:59 GMT
Some encounter this problem also with jetty. Related to
PermGen errors are often tools like hibernate, spring,
cglib, tomcat and sun's java implementation (instead of
BEAs JRockit).

I recently found the following Links:

But those blog entries are the most entertaining ones:

The following tomcat settings help (at least you increase
the number of possible redeploys):
PermSize: 256m
MaxPermSize: 512m