tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Bunk Nielsen <>
Subject Re: Problem with JVM, and Tomcat tuning
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:30:00 GMT
Andrew Miehs <> writes:

> What messages are you getting 'EXACTLY'?

>From one of the hs_err_pid.log:

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb7ec6e9c, pid=13753, tid=719874992
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C  []

> You may also want to look in /var/log/messages and dmesg and see if
> you are
> seeing any strange messages in there...

No weird things in /var/log/messages - the JVM is just a regurlar
userland application that crashes, and I don't thing it logs anything
via syslog.

> PS: The server isn't a SuperMicro server is it? (or rebadged like
> Transtec)

No, they are both Dell PowerEdge. However, I have also seen the same
thing happen on "my" development server that is a HP DL 585.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message