tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas.K...@Sparkassen-Informatik.de
Subject Trouble with mod_jk and passthrough authentication [Virus checked]
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:03:33 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp running in Tomcat which authenticates the user logged on
the windows box against a active directory domain. Everything workes fine
when using tomcat directly, using Apache 2.0.49 with AJP 1.2.10 I get an
"401 Authentication required" error from the webapp.
It seems Apache does receive the username/password from the browser but
does not forward it via AJP to tomcat.

I tried googling around but could not come up with a clear description if
AJP13 does support this kind of passthrough.

Can that be done with mod_jk or do I have to use some other module?

Regards

Thomas