tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Probetts <sprobe...@rtsystems.com.au>
Subject Deploying single .war file for use by multiple contexts - how do i override web.xml
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:05:46 GMT
Hi all,

The problem is we have 4 different sub companies which we want to
deploy a particular web app for.

What we want to do is stick a single .war file onto the server which
all companies point to,
and set up different context.xml files for each (since they have
different context data).

The problem is we also want different data (particularly the security
role data) in the different web.xml files but these are stuck in
the .war file.

So the question is:
Can we use the context file to alter the security role data (or more
accurately override it) in the web.xml file depending on which
company is using the web app.

Thanx in advance

Regards

Steven Probetts

Ph 9309 0555  Fax 9409 6828 Mb  040 968 4877
24 Mosey Street LANDSDALE WA 6065

This  email message is for the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain  confidential or privileged information. Unless expressly
permitted within this  email message, you are not to disclose this
email message to anyone else. If  this email message has been sent to
you in error, please forward this email  message to
info@rtsgroup.com.au and delete  this email message. Residential
Truss Systems Pty Ltd does not guarantee that  this email message is
free of errors, virus or any other  interference.