tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: WebApp really slow, Where do I start looking?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:13:04 GMT
> From: St├ęphane Hanser [mailto:s.hanser@omegames.com]
> However, removing some synchronized blocks will cause
> concurrent access
> issues when a user "mass clicks". Is it possible to configure
> tomcat to
> queue one's requests instead of executing the in parallel ?

Not in all cases.  The browser is free to make new requests to a web server; it would be up
to your code to detect that they came from the same session and take appropriate actions.
 In general, if a user mass-clicks, you actually want to process the most recent as the browser
will no longer take responses fr the older requests...

If you're concerned about multiple clicks on submit buttons, there are well-known ways to
use Javascript to disable the button once the user clicks it the first time.

		- Peter