tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@symphonious.net>
Subject no-cache Headers In Authenticated Zones
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:08:24 GMT
Hi all,
It seems that Tomcat automatically adds Pragma: no-cache and a pre-
dated Expires header whenever the user requests a page that requires
container-based authentication. This has come up on the mailing list
in the past:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200504.mbox/%
3C5AF8976357316F4798EAAFE5A4DBB5F602E8D3@swrmc_mail.swrmc.navy.mil%3E

the solution given however is for a form-based login and we're using
basic authentication and I've been unable to adapt the solution to
work for us.  I'd like to stop Tomcat from adding any caching
directives and handle it manually in my webapp. I can setup a filter
to modify the response headers, but I can't find a way to remove
those headers - only to modify their values which doesn't seem to be
enough to get browsers to cache the content.

We're running Tomcat 5.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net