tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: permgen w hibernate and webapp reload
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:52:11 GMT
On a side note:
If you're experiencing memory errors on Hibernate initialisation (the logs
would verify)
Then I would Suggest setting Hibernate's lazy-init="true"

CAVEAT: If using in combination with Spring I would look at Session
Management via OpenSessionInViewFilter

M--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 9:44 AM
Subject: RE: permgen w hibernate and webapp reload

> From: Rene Guenther [mailto:innflow-guenther@innflow.com]
> Subject: Re: permgen w hibernate and webapp reload
>
> But those blog entries are the most entertaining ones:
> http://my.opera.com/karmazilla/blog/2007/03/13/good-riddance-p
> ermgen-outofmemoryerror
> http://my.opera.com/karmazilla/blog/2007/03/15/permgen-strikes-back

They may be entertaining, but that's largely because the author's
premise is a fantasy: his statement that the default GC mechanism in the
HotSpot JVM never collects PermGen is simply false.  There is one
optional (somewhat experimental) GC mechanism that doesn't yet process
PermGen, but you probably shouldn't be playing with GC algorithm
selection unless you're really intimate with the code.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.