tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Perm Size
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:08:58 GMT
Marcus-
JAVA_OPTS = -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
looks ok...

are you using J2SE 1.5 jmap to display the heap or some other tool???
Thx/
M--

----- Original Message -----
From: "Milanez, Marcus" <Marcus.Milanez@diebold.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 4:07 PM
Subject: Perm Size

Hi,

I'm trying to use the following parameters in my Tomcat 6 server through
tomcat6w.exe, but they don't seem to take any effect:

-Dserver -XX:-UseSerialGC -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:PermSize=128m

What happens is that my Perm Size still has its default value, which is
64mb. What am I doing wrong? Is it right to use the "-Dserver" in the
beggining, cause if I remove it my service doesn't start.

Thanks!