tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frank Misa <frankm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Checking Memory Usage Of WebApps within a Tomcat instance
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:20:59 GMT

Hi All,Can someone here confirm....Does Tomcat provide tooling/API to allow checking/monitoring
of how much memory usage each webapp deployed within a Tomcat instance is using?I've checked
the forums and found some references to:     Java5+/Java6 tooling which uses these VM options:
    -XX:HeapDumpPath=C:\Java\heapdump -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+PrintGCDetailsAlso
some third party tools:     Hyperic HQ etc.But both these approaches look VM centric -- i.e.
I don't think you'll be able to see which webapps/threads are using what resources relative
to eachother ?Any thoughts would be appreciated.... can this be easily done ?ThanksFrank