tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bachler, Elisabeth \(Elisabeth\)" <ebach...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: I would like a new session each time I start my application
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:35:39 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your quick answer.... When I say "each time I run my application", I mean each
time I start my application.
Let's say my application is : $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/my_app/index.html
Each time I execute: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/my_app/index.html, I would like a new sessionID
to be generated.
You tell me to disable the session persistence in my app's context.... I suppose you mean
the conf/server.xml, the conf/context.xml file?
I had a look at the server.xml file .... And I have no Context tag?
The context.xml file does not have a docBase mentioned in the context tag.

What should I put in the docBase variable? docBase="$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/my_app?

Thanks
Elisabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Rashmi Rubdi [mailto:rashmi.sub@gmail.com]
Sent: sábado, 02 de junio de 2007 15:53
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: I would like a new session each time I start my application

On 6/1/07, Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth) <ebachler@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an application that works under tomcat.
> Each time I run my application I have the same sessionID. Is there a
> way

I guess you mean each time you (re)start Tomcat when you say "Each time I run my application..."

You might be seeing the same sessionID because the session persistence.

> to generate a differente sessionID each time I start my application?

Try disabling the session persistence in your app's Context.

<Context docBase="......." >

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
saveOnRestart="false"/>

</Context>

> Thanks

I don't know if the above will work in all versions of Tomcat, but it should work on Tomcat
5.5.x or higher. Next time please mention the version of Tomcat and other relevant details.

-Rashmi