tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to introduce new authentication method without modifying tomcat?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:47:42 GMT
> From: Andrei Tchijov [mailto:andrei@tchijov.com]
> Subject: Re: Is it possible to introduce new authentication
> method without modifying tomcat?
>
> Nowhere in the code I can see any indication of how to get
> to HTTP Request and HTTP Response from Realm code.

Why would you want to do that?  A Realm is utilized during
authentication, which is triggered when a request attempts to access a
controlled resource.  Once authenticated, the user information is
available through the Session object.  No logic in the Realm should care
about individual requests or responses.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.