tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Arithmetic Exception
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:52:38 GMT
> From: Dwight Farris [mailto:dfarris@email.arizona.edu]
> Subject: Arithmetic Exception
>
> I am receiving what I interpret as a 'divide by zero' error -
>
> java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
>          at
> edu.uc.cohorts.util.Util.calcCohortAllotment(Util.java:123)

"Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

This is an error in the code of your webapp; as good as Tomcat is, it
can't correct basic programming errors in user code.  The exception is
telling you exactly where to look for the problem.

You need to either check for zero before the divide, or catch the
exception in your code, or configure an error page for the situation if
you want to display something pretty to the end user.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.