tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Tchijov <and...@tchijov.com>
Subject Is it possible to introduce new authentication method without modifying tomcat?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:33:20 GMT
Hi,
	I want to be able to add my own authentication method (login-config/
auth-method) as one of possible choices.  Is it possible to do so
without re-compiling tomcat?  Ideally, I would love to be able to
achieve my goal by changing server.xml file (and adding some jars
with my custom code to tomcat).

Before any one suggested that I should write custom Realm: I think it
will not work for me. My authentication method require access to ALL
information available from HTTP Request (not just user name/password)
also in some situations, access to HTTP Response is required as well.
It looks like this method:

	protected abstract boolean authenticate(Request request,Response
response,LoginConfig config) throws IOException;

or AuthenticatorBase class is the best place to be.

Your comments will be highly appreciated,

Andrei Tchijov