tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jake Alley <jalley1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Context information outside of server.xml
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:10:16 GMT
I'm trying to rework my server.xml file so that the context info can be reloaded without restarting
the entire server.  As far as I can tell this involves putting the context information in
a file outside of server.xml.  I've read that META-INF/context.xml only works with WAR files,
and I don't use those.  I'm puting the info in conf/Catalina/mydomain/ROOT.xml.  It doesn't
seem to work.

For instance the following:

In conf/server.xml

<Host name="test1.mydomain.com"  appBase="/home/myhome/sites/test1"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
    <Context debug="1" path="" docBase ="www" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
</Context>

In conf/Catalina/test1.mydomain.com/ROOT.xml

<Context>
    directory="/home/myhome/sites/test1/logs" prefix="test1." suffix=".log"
    pattern="common"/>
</Context>

I know this doesn't work because the logs don't get updated when in ROOT.xml, but do when
in server.xml.

Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.