tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to pop up a window requested by server
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:51:10 GMT
Thanks for ideas. But the poll is consuming resource even when no messages. Is there a way
for server to push something to client?

  Thanks!

David Delbecq <delbd+jakarta@oma.be> wrote:
  If you use Ajax4Jsf, you can use a4j:poll to have a part of your page
refreshed every x milliseconds using javascript. In this part you could
put your code to popup something on B if there are new messages.
En l'instant pr‰[is du 28/06/07 14:36, Dave s'exprimait en ces termes:
> We have a JSF application running on JBoss/Tomcat, and have a requirement for users to
send short instant messages. When user A sees user B online and wants to talk with him/her: