tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat temp directory
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 02:02:59 GMT
Hello
How do I configure and access a temporary directory in Tomcat5x?  Oddly I am presently writing
files I want to use immediately into java.io.tempdir and it works if I access the webapp from
localhost.  However fails when accessed from a domain.

Within the Action/servlet how to I write/read the context specific temp directory?  Is there
a way to release the file lock that Tomcat will have on that file?  I close all streams, but
in previous primitive way it held the lock and I had to stop/restart TC.  Any help along understanding
this would be greatly appreciated.