tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Peremsky <mperem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jsp includes not compiling
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 00:24:49 GMT
Hmm,

  I went back to look. That is the syntax I use with weblogic. If I remove the <% %>
from the inc file Tomcat loads the files properly. But then I cannot use logic in the inc
file (e.g.

  if (obj != null) {
  }

Mike Peremsky <mperemsky@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Oops. I missed that. Thx

David Smith wrote: You are already in a pair when you do GlobalConst.SO_LOGIN_OBJ %>. Why?

Seems to me this would be a better expression:

LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute(
GlobalConst.SO_LOGIN_OBJ )
%>

--David

Mike Peremsky wrote:
> I have used jsp includes with weblogic with no problems, I am using the same format of
the code with Tomcat but am having issues.

> I include the jsp as follows:
>

> The code in the inc file is:
>

> > LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute("");
> %>
>

> The error I am getting is the following:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
> An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /include/JspVariables.inc
> String literal is not properly closed by a double-quote
> 2:
> 3:
> 4: > 5: LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute("");
> 6: %>
>
> I also get other strange errors on other inc files, but am not yet sure if it is related
to the fact that this variable is not being declared.