tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: tomcat temp directory
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:32:30 GMT
Hi Chuck
Thankyou.
Why however do I get null when I do the following?  Should I be getting the context specific
temp directory in the form of a directory or casted as a string?

ServletContext sc = getServlet().getServletContext();
    File tempDir = (File) sc.getAttribute("workDir");
    String tempDirStr = (String) sc.getAttribute("workDir");
    File tempFile = null;

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote: > From: Chris Pat [mailto:cpanon@yahoo.com]

> Subject: RE: tomcat temp directory
>
> How do I get the servletContext within a method, within an
> Action.

Assuming your code is part of a servlet, use the
GenericServlet.getServletContext() method.  If the servlet is hidden by
some framework, you'll have to look at the doc for that to figure out
how to retrieve the servlet object.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.