tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristofer Borgström XX (TN/EAB) <kristofer.xx.borgst...@ericsson.com>
Subject Running Tomcat in Java EE 5 environment
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:30:45 GMT
Hi

We are considering running Tomcat 6 together in Java EE 5 jre. Is ok to do this or is it likely
to create a bunch problems because of conflicting Java EE implementations? (As I understand
it, tomcat has parts of Java EE implemented internally, like JSP and servlet API's and more).

In practice, I am wondering if Tomcat 6 will run properly if I launch org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
class in a jre with the Java EE libraries.

/Kristofer