tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: tomcat temp directory
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:42:20 GMT
Hi Chuck
Thanks.
But how to I get at it programatically?  Is workDir an actual context param that I can access
and build a File from?

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote: > From: Chris Pat [mailto:cpanon@yahoo.com]

> Subject: Re: tomcat temp directory
>
> Or is there a better way to create a tmpdir  and random file
> under the webapp.

Look at section 4.7.1 of the servlet spec:

"A temporary storage directory is required for each servlet context.
Servlet containers must provide a private temporary directory for each
servlet context, and make it available via the
javax.servlet.context.tempdir context attribute. The objects associated
with the attribute must be of type java.io.File."

You can use the workDir attribute of the  element if you don't
like the default:

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.