tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Diego Rodríguez Martín <drodrig...@altiria.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 classloader leak in Commons Pool
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:05:58 GMT
Sorry, you are right, it is in
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean, and resource attribute it
is retaining is an org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

    Diego

Caldarale, Charles R escribió:
>> From: Diego Rodríguez Martín [mailto:drodriguez@altiria.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 classloader leak in Commons Pool
>>
>> I have found that the offending class causing the leak is
>> org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean. It keeps two
>> attributes referencing my dbcp pool, called resource and
>> resourceType.
>>

> Are you sure about that class name?  It looks like the fields you've mentioned are actually
in:
>     org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean
>
> The resourceType field is a String, so that isn't actually a reference to your DBCP pool,
but resource is just an Object, so that's probably the real culprit.  There does not appear
to be any way to clear the resource field in a BaseModelMBean, and I don't yet know where
references to the BaseModelMBean are maintained.