tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <jacob-li...@uptecs.com>
Subject Re: What is Tomcat 6 status?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:06:32 GMT
It is not as simple as Michael implies, It is my understanding that
tomcat 6 makes many improvements over tomcat 5. If this is correct then
it makes choosing between 5 and 6 more complicated than you suggest.
(And to someone who does not know what the JSP/servlet specs are, this
is even more unclear). My guess at the best answer is to use 6 even if
you dont need all of the features of 6, as 5 is bound to become
unsupported long before 6.