tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: how to pop up a window requested by server
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:13:33 GMT
There is no way with HTTP protocol to push datas to client. To push, you
will need other protocol, and then an awfull heavy applet. On the other
hand, you could, simply, run aside on the server an IRC service and use
one of the existing IRC applets that exist opensource...

Dave a écrit :
> Thanks for ideas. But the poll is consuming resource even when no messages. Is there
a way for server to push something to client?

>   Thanks!
>

> David Delbecq <delbd+jakarta@oma.be> wrote:
>   If you use Ajax4Jsf, you can use a4j:poll to have a part of your page
> refreshed every x milliseconds using javascript. In this part you could
> put your code to popup something on B if there are new messages.
> En l'instant pr‰[is du 28/06/07 14:36, Dave s'exprimait en ces termes:
>
>> We have a JSF application running on JBoss/Tomcat, and have a requirement for users
to send short instant messages. When user A sees user B online and wants to talk with him/her: