tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brantley Hobbs <sbho...@uga.edu>
Subject Re: Keeping busy site responsive
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:37:16 GMT
You know, I hadn't given it a lot of thought to be honest.

I think that for accuracy's sake it should probably be a 500 error (I
assume that 503 is a server busy error or something; don't know it off
the top of my head).  An actual redirect error could confuse a browser.

I'd assume that for optimal performance you'd want to redirect to
another machine, but there's nothing enforcing this.  If you're using
Apache or IIS as a localhost front-end, you could redirect to a URI
that's being served by the web server.  This is likely to be a low-cost
operation.

Brantley