tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sebastiaan van Erk <sebs...@sebster.com>
Subject Tomcat, Comet and Apache
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:51:52 GMT
Hi all,

I wrote a Comet servlet for Tomcat, and am ready to deploy it. However,
my "normal" mode of deployment, namely Apache + mod_jk in front of
Tomcat no longer works in this situation because Comet requires the NIO
or APR connectors, which do not support mod_jk. I also tried using
mod_proxy to proxy requests to the Comet servlet, however mod_proxy
buffers, which breaks Comet.

I was wondering if there is a good solution to this problem.

I'm ok with using Tomcat as the main server, but then I'm wondering does
Tomcat have the equivalent of a mod_proxy so that I can service legacy
pages (php, etc) from Apache?

My preferred solution however would leave Apache as the main server
since the sheer number of useful modules for apache (rewrite, etc.)
makes it very nice to have it in front of Tomcat.

Any tips or ideas are welcome!

Thanks,
Sebastiaan van Erk