tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Encrypt Tomcat 4.1 log and log4j.properties log with MD5
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:19:13 GMT
md5 is a one way hash - so "encrypting" your log files with md5 will
yield unreadable files

Tomcat out of the box doesn't have anything like this. You would need to
do the following write your own log4j appenders (or whatever they are
called) which encrypt the data. Since log4j can (IIRC) can also capture
System.out - you could probably use the appender you write.

-Tim

Yulius wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm currently need to do the encryption towards the log files that has been created
by the webserver and the webapplication, so that only those who has the password to decrypt
the log files can read them.