tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Diego Rodríguez Martín <drodrig...@altiria.com>
Subject Tomcat and commons logging
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:08:37 GMT
Hi,

    I have some problems using commons logging with log4j and tomcat,
related to classloading. After some google searching, I have come to
this article by one of the log4j experts

    http://www.qos.ch/logging/classloader.jsp

    In this article, it is explained how commons-logging (1.0.3) can
lead to some classloading problems. There is a solution at the end of
the article, but for Tomcat 5.0.x.

    I'm using Tomcat 6.0.13, configured to use log4j as it is explained
in the docs (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html) and I
have this problem.

    My questions is:

       The article says that I have to use version 1.0.4 or later but I
haven't found which version it is used by Tomcat,

        which version of commons-logging is built in the extras in Tomcat 6?

Diego Rodríguez Martín (drodriguez@altiria.com)
ALTIRIA TIC - Servicios SMS - Desarrollo Web
Tel. +34 913311198 - Fax +34 913310087 - Móvil +34 610299750
www.altiria.com