tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Diego Rodríguez Martín <drodrig...@altiria.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 classloader leak in Commons Pool
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:09:55 GMT
Hi,

    I have found what you said about the factory. It is ported to 6.0. I
have tried to use the old commons-dbcp library, copying
commons-pool-1.2.jar and commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar in tomcat lib directory
and defining the attribute
factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" in the resource
in my context.xml.

    It works, but I still have a memory leak. Tomcat is retaining my new
commons-dbcp classes, and I think it is related to this classes:

org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean,
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.NamedObject,
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.RepositorySupport.
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer,

This part of Tomcat is completely unkown to me, Do you have any clue?

Many thanks for your help

    Diego
David Smith escribió:
> In older versions of tomcat (5.0.x) there is a factory attribute
> defining the pool to use.  It's unclear from the limited look I did
> whether that was carried forward to 5.5 and 6.0.
>
> --David
>
> Diego Rodríguez Martín wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    Is there any way to fix this leak downgrading the version of
>> commons pool. I have a production enviroment where we have a lot of
>> deploy/undeploy and with this leak we have to stop/start Tomcat very
>> often. Is there a possibility of replacing tomcat-dbcp.jar with the
>> older individual jars? It will work or you have used new
>> functionalities of these packages?
>>
>>    Thanks
>>
>>    Diego
>>

>> Rémy Maucherat escribió:
>>>
>>> It's that version. A new commons-pool version will be integrated when
>>> it's available.
>>>
>>> Rémy

Diego Rodríguez Martín (drodriguez@altiria.com)
ALTIRIA TIC - Servicios SMS - Desarrollo Web
Tel. +34 913311198 - Fax +34 913310087 - Móvil +34 610299750
www.altiria.com