tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrysøe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Re: Embedding jasper (tomcat 5.5)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:56:01 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> "Dennis Thrysøe" <dth@conscius.com> wrote in message
>> Any ideas what tomcat is doing to seperate for instance it's own
>> commons-logging with a commons-logging in a deployed webapp?
>>

> Probably, the easiest is to jump to TC 6.  That version no longer uses
> commons-logging.

But then I suppose other libraries could cause the same confusion?

Unfortunately or customers require java 1.4 for now, so I guess Tomcat 6
is out of the question.

I'm still really interested in good ideas on how to implement this. I'm
guessing that it works in Tomcat, but it's hard to read from the code
for an outsider.

I was hoping for some hidden trick of specifying explicit classloaders
for various situations (I want to load jasper-related stuff with one
classloader and application related stuff with another...).

-dennis