tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Alberts <>
Subject Multiple Realms in a Context?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:50:12 GMT
I'm in the process of teaching myself the Realms configuration for
Tomcat and have a couple questions that after hours of reading and
testing I could determine, but this list can hopefully save me some
research time.  Reading the documentation at:

I understand a Realm can be "/Inside a <Context> element/ - This Realm
will be used ONLY for THIS web application."

Does this mean conversely that the web application can only use this
Realm for authentication?

Also, can I configure multiple realms inside a <Context>?  For instance
a JDBCRealm for general access to administration pages in a web
application, plus a JNDIRealm for authenticating individual users (say
on an LDAP server configured as PAM authentication)?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message