tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Embedding jasper (tomcat 5.5)
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:15:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to embed jasper into an application of mine. Actually I'm
upgrading it from 4.1 to 5.5.

The new version of jasper uses commons-logging, which the old one didn't
seem to do. This causes problems for me when using jasper in
webapplications that contain their own copy of commons-logging in
WEB-INF/lib.

The LogFactory complains that more than one Log class is visible.

I am loading the JspServlet class with an "outside" classloader, but I
am encountering exeptions when asking this JspServlet to service
requests with the ContextClassLoader ser to a specific webapp-classloader.

Any ideas what tomcat is doing to seperate for instance it's own
commons-logging with a commons-logging in a deployed webapp?

Thanks,

-dennis