tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <ja...@rhoden.id.au>
Subject Track down which app has memory leak.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:56:09 GMT
Hi,

In a tomcat instance (6.0.13) with multiple apps, how do can I easily
track down which app has a memory leak. For example, can I just get a
dump of all objects and grep the output (i relize there are a lot but I
am not afraid of that!), or do I have to resort to installing and
learning how to use one of the many profiling tools? So I guess I am
asking how do you actually get a stack/heap dump of some sort out of
tomcat?

I am new to this sort of thing and Google doesn't tell me much except
use some fancy gui tool.

Best Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden