tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: jsp includes not compiling
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:36:30 GMT
You are already in a <% ... %> pair  when you do <%=
GlobalConst.SO_LOGIN_OBJ %>.  Why?

Seems to me this would be a better expression:

<%
LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute(
GlobalConst.SO_LOGIN_OBJ )
%>

--David

Mike Peremsky wrote:
> I have used jsp includes with weblogic with no problems, I am using the same format of
the code with Tomcat but am having issues.

>   I include the jsp as follows:
>
>   <%@ include file="/include/JspVariables.inc" %>
>

>   The code in the inc file is:
>
>   <%@ page import="com.drafthappy.GlobalConsts" %>
> <%@ page import="com.drafthappy.dataobject.LoginObject" %>
>   <%
>   LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute("<%= GlobalConsts.SO_LOGIN_OBJ
%>");
> %>
>

>   The error I am getting is the following:
>
>   org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
>   An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /include/JspVariables.inc
> String literal is not properly closed by a double-quote
> 2: <%@ page import="com.drafthappy.dataobject.LoginObject" %>
> 3:
> 4: <%
> 5:   LoginObject loginobj = (LoginObject)session.getAttribute("<%= GlobalConsts.SO_LOGIN_OBJ
%>");
> 6: %>
>
>   I also get other strange errors on other inc files, but am not yet sure if it is related
to the fact that this variable is not being declared.