tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat changing date format in catalina.out after restart
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 22:50:50 GMT
Depending on the way you start the application, the Locale could have
changed, bacause a differet user or the same user with a newer shell
profile started the process.

You should be able to find out the environment of the running process on
the linux system by looking at /proc/PID/environ, where PID is the
process id of the tomcat process. There you should be able to see, if
the process has the wrong Locale, or none (which means it inherits it
from the system settings).

One can also switch Locales only for Java without using OS Environment
by setting System properties. You can find the complete commandline for
a running process either via "ps auxww" or /proc/PID/cmdline.

Regards,

Rainer

Daniele Marco Bevar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my client have Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 5.0.19 on a redhat 8.0 3.2-7 (2.4.20-28-8) and tomcat
works on a distant oracle db.

> the client called me because his tomcat/oracle application giving various problems.
>
> We restarted the server but the tomcat log disk was full (/usr), so it wasn't better.
> After doing cleaning of this disk, we restarted again the server.
>
> From this moment catalina.out stopped putting date in french/24h (LC* = fr_CH) and started
in english/12h
> Here a piece from catalina.out with the last french date and the first english one
> ____________________________________________________________________________________________
> 29 mai 2007 14:33:10 org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager doLoad
> GRAVE: "IOException" lors du chargement des sessions persistantes: java.io.EOFException
> java.io.EOFException
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.java:2165)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputStream.java:2631)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:734)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(May 29, 2007 2:48:39 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
> May 29, 2007 2:48:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 1751 ms
> From there we have Oracle giving problem accepting dates.
> Catalina.out his full from 2004 with french dates. Nothing else than a disk full error
has changed on the server from 3 years now.