tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos S. Zamudio" <cszamu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Deploying WS on Tomcat
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:07:13 GMT
Hi,. I have a general question about deploying Web Services on Tomcat
(6). I'm trying to set up a sort of compute server on Tomcat where web
services requests are called to execute an algorithm and return the
results. I use AXIS2 for the WS communication protocol.
I'm running benchmarks on CPU and memory utilization on Tomcat and I am
wondering what the mechanisms are for Tomcat to free up resources once
it has completed the calculation  request.  What happens now is that I
quickly run out of memory for a simple test case of a series of
sequential requests.  Is there a persistence of the session until some
future timeout event?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Carlos S. Zamudio