tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sebastiaan van Erk <sebs...@sebster.com>
Subject Re: NIOSelector busy wait
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:53:56 GMT
Hi,

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> it will return 0 after the timeout has expired if there was no events.
> most likely its not a bug in the JDK but in your linux kernel/distro

I just found the Sun bug report + workaround confirming this issue as a
Linux JDK bug.

It's fixed in Java 7, earlier versions are not reported to be fixed, so
I'm guessing they're not backporting the fix, though I hope they do,
since it's a serious problem.

> so far I haven't seen the behavior you've explained.

In my Comet application I'm seeing this problem consistently: the Tomcat
poller thread goes into a busy loop with the selector returning 0. Could
be I'm forgetting to do something which causes this, but I haven't found
a way to solve the problem yet.

Regards,
Sebastiaan