tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kider <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.23 on Microsoft Vista
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:53:32 GMT
I have Sun's JDK installed. I am using 1.5. Javac will successfully compile a java src file
into a class and I'm able to then run it from the cmd prompt. When I try running service.bat
from the cmd line I get:

Installing the service 'tomcatman' ...
Using CATALINA_HOME:    C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\apache-tomcat-5.5.23
Using CATALINA_BASE:    C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\apache-tomcat-5.5.23
Using JAVA_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12
Using JVM:              C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
Failed installing 'tomcatman' service

>> From: David Kider []
>> Subject: Tomcat 5.5.23 on Microsoft Vista
>> I wasn't sure how to respond to your msg through the list
>Hitting the reply button on you mailer is all it takes. Please send all
messages to the list, not to individuals.