tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I would like a new session each time I start my application
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 13:53:29 GMT
On 6/1/07, Bachler, Elisabeth (Elisabeth) <ebachler@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an application that works under tomcat.
> Each time I run my application I have the same sessionID. Is there a way

I guess you mean each time you (re)start Tomcat when you say "Each
time I run my application..."

You might be seeing the same sessionID because the session persistence.

> to generate a differente sessionID each time I start my application?

Try disabling the session persistence in your app's Context.

<Context docBase="......." >

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
saveOnRestart="false"/>

</Context>

> Thanks

I don't know if the above will work in all versions of Tomcat, but it
should work on Tomcat 5.5.x or higher. Next time please mention the
version of Tomcat and other relevant details.

-Rashmi