tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: adding authentication to unprotected page
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 16:29:47 GMT
not sure which version you're using, but it seems like you could add the page (package/protected/index.html)
to the
   <welcome-file-list>    </welcome-file-list>  attribute, and then in the security
constraint, make it protected.
Would that not work?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan [mailto:niespam@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:10 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: adding authentication to unprotected page

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had experience with this. I want to add a form
on the homepage of an application that allows the user to quickly log in
(see below) and take them to the protected page. I've never done this before
and unfortunately the form below doesn't seem to work, it basically brings
me back to the original page. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

      <form method="POST" action='/package/protected/index.html' >
        <input type="submit" class="button" value="Login" />
      </form>