tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Peremsky <mperem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cookie Rookie - cannot delete session cookie
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:48:26 GMT
I am pretty new to cookies and am having an issue. I create a cookie in my servlet and write
it to the response to last the lifetime of the session (duration = -1). When the user clicks
the logout button I find the cookie, reset the duration to 0 then re-add the cookie to the
response. But when I look at the browser cookies the cookie is still there and is listed as
a cookie lasting the lifetime of the session. From what I read in the API there is nothing
to directly remove a cookie from a session, I can only write it with a duration of 0. So,
why is the cookie still in the session? How can I get rid of it?

  TIA

  - Mike

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.