tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <v...@cox.net>
Subject OT: Sessions
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi:

We have an Enterprise application that uses sessions to keep track of User Information (name,
role, dept). This information is used against the user when logging out, checking credentials
and displaying user information. Since we are using Session Attributes to keep track of User
Information - this gets mangled when we try to login to application from the same browser
(in FireFox) and Ctrl-N from IE (in other words the person who gets logged in will overwrite
the current user's attribute thus losing first user information). So, I am wondering whether
you all have any recommendations/inputs to avoid this scenario. Thanks in advance. I did check
the google and other search tools, but could not locate anything useful.

regards,
Vasu