tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Huang" <vict...@gameworkz.com>
Subject RE: Context information outside of server.xml
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:45:30 GMT
You need to specify docBase which is your application's doc root in
<Context> element in ROOT.xml. e.g.

<Context debug="0" docBase="www" reloadable="true" crossContext="true/>

Regards,
Victor

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Alley [mailto:jalley1231@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:10 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Context information outside of server.xml

I'm trying to rework my server.xml file so that the context info can be
reloaded without restarting the entire server.  As far as I can tell this
involves putting the context information in a file outside of server.xml.
I've read that META-INF/context.xml only works with WAR files, and I don't
use those.  I'm puting the info in conf/Catalina/mydomain/ROOT.xml.  It
doesn't seem to work.

For instance the following:

In conf/server.xml

<Host name="test1.mydomain.com"  appBase="/home/myhome/sites/test1"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
    <Context debug="1" path="" docBase ="www" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
</Context>

In conf/Catalina/test1.mydomain.com/ROOT.xml

<Context>
    directory="/home/myhome/sites/test1/logs" prefix="test1." suffix=".log"
    pattern="common"/>
</Context>

I know this doesn't work because the logs don't get updated when in
ROOT.xml, but do when in server.xml.

Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.