tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 吴熊敏 <...@ublearning.com>
Subject Re: OT: Sessions
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:06:35 GMT
the same browser (in FireFox) and Ctrl-N from IE??

That means that you are using the same session....

So you can't avoid overwriting the last session,i think.

You can open a new browser window to avoid overwriting session.

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 5:31:19 -0700
<vnug@cox.net> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We have an Enterprise application that uses sessions to keep track of User Information
(name, role, dept). This information is used against the user when logging out, checking credentials
and displaying user information. Since we are using Session Attributes to keep track of User
Information - this gets mangled when we try to login to application from the same browser
(in FireFox) and Ctrl-N from IE (in other words the person who gets logged in will overwrite
the current user's attribute thus losing first user information). So, I am wondering whether
you all have any recommendations/inputs to avoid this scenario. Thanks in advance. I did check
the google and other search tools, but could not locate anything useful.